Collie assisted McDonald’s in obtaining a planning permit for the development of a McDonald’s restaurant, located on Fletcher Road, Craigieburn. Collie was involved in negotiations with Hume City Council over a range of specific issues including acoustics, traffic and advertising signs. The issue of providing appropriate acoustic treatment was particularly important in addressing the noise to be generated from the ‘drive-thru’ so that it would not impact on nearby residents. After successfully resolving these issues, Hume City Council approved the planning permit, which allowed for:
- 96 internal seats, 24 outdoor terrace seats and an 18-seat party room;
- a 2.2 metres high acoustic fence;
- car parking and loading/unloading facilities;
- eight bicycle spaces;
- a dual lane ‘drive-thru’ facility;
- a gross floor area of 525 square metres.